Bakhtawar Amin College of Dentistry emphasizes scientific, practical, research-oriented, and patient-centered skills in graduates in an ever-evolving profession. Our traditional, 4-year Bachelor of Dental Surgery program aims to improve the oral health of the community and expand the knowledge and skill set of our young professionals. We prepare our students to excel as future clinicians through our comprehensive training in diagnosing, treatment planning, and professionalism. Our labs and clinical facilities provide our students with a safe and hands-on clinical environment.
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program is four years long with the first two professional years based on theoretical and pre-clinical education. In third and fourth professional years students are when students get involved in clinical trainings and procedures with patients. In the first two years of the program, students study basic clinical concepts, the structure and function of the human body, the various pathologies associated with it, and the treatment procedures. They also practice clinical procedures on models of the teeth. During the last two years, students will rotate through various departments under the supervision of faculty members and will also be involved in direct patient care. Here, they will learn to provide care to a diverse pool of patients including children, the elderly, and disabled.
Bakhtawar Amin Dental College & Hospital will lead in advancing dental healthcare through the evidence-based clinical approach, innovative research and the modern medical education of tomorrow’s doctors, guided by professional faculty members to achieve highest level of competence and inoculates the values of diversity, inclusion, mutual respect, social accountability and life-long learning.
A word from the Principal
Dr. Muhammad Waqar Hussain
The Bakhtawar Amin College of Dentistry boasts of world-class facilities, top-notch education, quality patient care, and a research-oriented faculty. We are changing the oral health outlook through a range of degree programs aimed at training the next generation of skilled and knowledgeable professionals, who train alongside faculty mentors through team-based learning, clinical simulation, and community-based rotations. We prepare our professionals to manage oral health conditions with the utmost care, humility, and respect. Moreover, we encourage recognition and understanding of societal, cultural, and ethical influences. Our students are trained to apply the principles of preventive and evidence-based dentistry to individuals and communities.
Accreditation & Affiliations
- An Established Medical and Dental College
- World-class facilities and state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Hassle free processing and admission
- Opportunity to building your future healthcare professionals’ network
- Unmatched preparation for a career as a Doctor
- Early clinical exposure
- Diverse medical career opportunities
- Applicants who have passed the HSSC Examination (Pre-Medical Group) or
equivalent from Pakistan and abroad securing at least 65% marks in aggregate.
- Applicants who have taken A-level exams / other equivalent exams, will be
required to submit an equivalence certificate and a certificate of marks in science subjects from the Inter Board Committee
of Chairman (IBCC) Islamabad or regional Offices along with the application form.
- The admissions of students is solely on merit, finalised by the Admission Committee in compliance with the rules and regulations of University of Health Sciences and Pakistan Medical Council (PMC).
- Phil Anatomy
- Phil Biochemistry
- Phil Physiology
- Phil Oral Biology
- MDS/ FCPS Operative Dentistry
- MDS/ FCPS Periodontology
- FCPS Prosthodontics
- MDS/ FCPS Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Public and private sector hospitals
- Personal clinics
- Clinical research organizations.
- NGOs and social sectors
- Teaching hospitals
COD, BAMDC Multan envisions to produce a graduate who is:
- Care provider
- Decision Maker
- Life Long Learner
- Community Leader
BDS Program Outcomes
Graduate of BADC will be able to demonstrate fundamental knowledge of all dental subjects and is able to correlate and apply this knowledge to dental practice.
By the end of four years BDS program, BADC student should be able to;
- Demonstrates optimum medical / dental knowledge, skills and attitude to provide treatment which is of highest quality.
- Possess qualities of a good leader.
- Take decisions that can justify in terms of efficacy and cost.
- Effectively communicate with the individual patient, family and community.
- Manage and coordinate multiple disciplinary issues.
- Involve in evidence-based activities and innovations.
- Motivate all the team members.